SEND NICOLE A MESSAGE
NICOLE WOLFE STOUT
Nicole Wolfe Stout is a partner of the law firm of Strawinski & Stout, P.C., in Atlanta, Georgia. She specializes in civil litigation involving trucking, cargo, aviation, products liability, premises liability, and insurance coverage disputes. She regularly defends insurers and companies in lawsuits involving serious injury and wrongful death. Ms. Stout is a native of Lenoir City, Tennessee, and received her undergraduate degree in English and Political Science with a minor in Philosophy from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 1995. She was the Student Director of the University’s Mock Trial Program, and she competed in regional and national Mock Trial Competitions. She received her Juris Doctor degree from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1998. She was a member of Moot Court, and served as Co-Director of Emory’s Special Moot Court Teams. She has served on the Education Committee of the Atlanta Claims Association, and participated in its annual Mock Trial in 2003 and 2004. Ms. Stout is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Atlanta Bar Association, the litigation and aviation sections of the Atlanta Bar Association, the Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta, the Atlanta Claims Association, and the International Aviation Womens Association (IAWA), and the Aviation Insurance Association (AIA). She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Aviation Insurance Association, served as the Director of the Attorneys Division 2017-2019 and is currently a Director-At -Large. She was named to the 2019 Georgia Super Lawyers List and the 2020 Georgia Super Lawyers List.
Ms. Stout is admitted to practice in all Georgia State Courts, the United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts. Her presentations include Risk and Insurance Management Society Seminar (RIMS), Paper Trails to You: Discoverability of Post-Incident Investigations and Reports, 2004; and the SMU Journal of Air Law & Commerce, Thirty-Eighth Annual Air Law Symposium, Privileges and Immunities Available for Self-Critical Analysis and Reporting: Legal, Practical and Ethical Considerations, 2004. Ms. Stout’s paper presented at the SMU Air Law Symposium was published in the Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Vol. 69, Issue 3, Summer 2004. Ms. Stout is also the author of the article, Parameters of the Passenger-Carrier Relationship in Commercial Travel, published in the Summer 2005 edition of Pre-Flight, by the Aviation Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia. She presented a paper entitled The Tripartite Relationship: Legal and Ethical Obligations at the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Seventeenth Annual Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium in July of 2006. Additionally, she published an article on tripartite relationship in the Winter 2006 edition of Pre-Flight.
Ms. Stout presented the topic of “Your Contractual Indemnity Obligation: Is it a Business Dispute or a Covered Event” at the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Twenty-Fifth Annual Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium in January of 2014. She presented the topic of ”Insurance Issues: Fresh and Familiar” at the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Twenty-Ninth Annual Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium in January 2018.
In May 2018, she participated on a panel presentation for PBExpo, a worldwide aviation tradeshow for buyers and sellers in the aviation, aerospace and defense supply chain. The panel presentation was “From the Cockpit to the Courtroom: Learn How to Conduct Your Business.” On the panel she was joined by some of the top executives from the aviation insurance market addressing legal considerations confronting aviation product manufacturers.
Areas of Practice
- Motor Carrier Liability
- Premises Liability
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia J.D. – 1998
Honors: Co-Director Special Moot Court Teams; Moot Court Special Teams
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville: Undergraduate Degree
- Honors: Student Director of University’s Mock Trial Program
Published Works / Presentations
- Paper Trails to You; Discoverability of Post-Incident Investigations and Reports, 2004
- Privileges and Immunities Available for Self-Critical Analysis and Reporting; Legal, Practical and Ethical Considerations, Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Vol. 69 Issue 3, Summer, 2004
- Parameters of the Passenger-Carrier Relationship in Commercial Travel, Pre-Flight- Aviation Law Section of State Bar of Georgia, Summer, 2005
- The Tripartite Relationship: Legal and Ethical Obligations, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Seventeenth Annual Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium, July, 2006
- Tort Liability of Common Carriers, Georgia law of Torts, Continuing Legal Education Course, 2006.
- Taking and Defending Effective Depositions, Lorman Education Services, Atlanta, Georgia, 2007.
- Your Contractual Indemnity Obligation: Is it a Business Dispute or a Covered Event, Embry-Riddle Twenty-Fifth Annual Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium, 2014.
- Insurance Issues: Fresh and Familiar, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Twenty-Ninth Annual Aviation Law and Insurance Symposium, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member (Litigation & Aviation Sections)
- Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta, Member
- Aviation Insurance Association, Board of Directors / Director — Attorneys’ Division
- Atlanta Claims Association, Member
- International Aviation Womens Association (IAWA), Member
- CLM, Member